Friday 10 August 2018

Welcome!

Dear Parents,

Welcome to 5CC!  I am excited to get the year started as your child’s new teacher!
Last August I moved to Malaysia with my husband and our now 20 month old son, Bennett. Before living in Malaysia I spent 7 years at an international school in Monterrey, Mexico. In the early party of my teaching career, I was in Phoenix, Arizona and I grew up in Washington and Michigan.  This will be my 13th year teaching mostly 4th and 5th grade.
A little about the year to come:
The 5th grade team is ready for a great year.  Amy Schneider is our resource teacher and Andrea Bongarzone is our EAL support teacher they will be supporting in a variety of groupings as well as collaborating and co-teaching with teachers.  We have some great lessons, trips and activities ready, which you will find out about as we go through the year. I am eager to get started and share them all with you.

I am looking forward to getting to know the students and families here at ISKL.  Please feel free to share any news with me. I have attached a form to this letter that will allow me to get the ball rolling on getting to know students a bit better as well as their parents.  Please fill it out and return it to me. If there is anything else you wish to share that has not been asked, please write it on the back of the paper or send me an email.

School communication will happen through ISKL email and class blog (https://5cciskl.blogspot.my/). The class blog will have all grade level and class information, including photos and a weekly newsletter. Please make sure you check these on a regular basis. There is an option to follow the blog by email (see “follow by email” on the right side of the blog).  If you wish to contact me or schedule a time to meet at any point in the year, my email is cchavez@iskl.edu.my

I look forward to collaborating with you, getting to know your children and having a great year!
Clarrissa Chavez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts